On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Shawn wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:26:43 -0500
> Ryan Hayle <hackel at walkingfish.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:57:38 -0500 Shawn <sfertch at real-time.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Which is what I stated in my first post when I broke it down on how
> > > to install from source.
> >
> > Actually, not to point fingers, but you didn't.  You also referred to
> > it as "compiling" from source.  I see I misinterpreted the original
> > post, though.
>
> Actually, not to nit-pick, but yes I did break it down on how to install.
> Yes there was a mention of compiling, but the install script pretty much
> does that.

NO IT DOES NOT!  I think it's disingenuous to  confuse and worry newbies by
referring to compiling when there is no compiling.

The install script does NOT compile ANYTHING from source.
There is NO SOURCE CODE IN THE OO...tar.gz file.  It's a binary only install.

> Get the source, install from source, feel the exposure to source, gain experience!  =)
NOT! There is no source code.

> It's not hard to install from source at all.
It's not source code.

Is the horse dead yet?
How's that for getting REALLY excited about trivial stuff? :-)

--
Gerry Skerbitz
gsker at tcfreenet.org