Chad Walstrom writes:
> David's post wasn't part of the thread, and it made sweeping, stark
> comments about security without giving supporting statements or
> references.  It was a troll.

Please look up the definition of troll.  Pay specific attention to the part
about being ``intentionally incorrect''.  Just because you are ignorant of
or choose to ignore publicly documented information that is easily found
using Google does not make me a troll.

Also, please pay attention to the context of my message.  It was a direct
response to Sam MacDonald's statement of being tired of Microsoft providing
security patches.  Many popular pieces of open source software have had many
security holes.  Microsoft certainly does not have a monopoly on patching
security holes.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/