On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:59:42 -0500
"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy at veldy.net> wrote:

> From: "Shawn" <sfertch at real-time.com>

> http://money.cnn.com/2003/08/19/technology/good_worm.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes
> >
> > It's causing more bandwidth usage, but at least it appears to be a
> "beneficial" virus to some degree.
> >

> I was forced to install it on my workstation at the client (NT4).  I
> have seen four "Blue Screens Of Death" since installing the patch.
> Well, how is that for an improvement!

I said to "some degree" didn't say overall beneficial on the virus.  If you installed the patch from MS directly, then it's their problem, not mine.  If you installed from the virus, then it's your fault for not staying up to date and letting this things propogate on your system.

Besides, I thought NT4 support was ending soon....

There's enough crap out on the 'net already with destructive viruses.  For me, it's nice to see someone make a "virus" that doesn't something somewhat constructive for a change.

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"