> Here's the syntax you want to follow.  It worked for me on Slack, but the
> password option didn't work:
>
> root at server:/# useradd -c 'User Name' -d /home/guest9 -g users -m -k
> /etc/skel -p password -s /bin/bash -u 33499 guest9

why not name that:
useradd -c $fullname -G users -m -p $password $username

no need to specify the primary group, the skel, the shell or the home
directory, they are automagically created.

iirc $password needs to be crypt()ed you cannot use plaintext.

plug the usernames,passwords,fullnames into vim (or excel if thats what
turns you on

username,password,fullname

and from here you just need a perl script that plugs the info into an
array, hashes the password and runs the above command. rinse and repeat a
thousand times over, shouldnt take perl more than 2 minutes. (actually the
home directory creation will take a while)

of course i am no software designer so you will probably find a nicer way
to do this.

--
Munir Nassar
RedConcepts.NET