As all newbs do at some point I would like to come up with my own distro to call my own.....
What kinds of skillz are needed for this? I'm sure some amount of scripting is needed but would I need to know any programming to modify an existing distro to make it in my own image?
Right now I am working with slackware cuz it's the bomb, and I am mainly adding and subtracting packages and editing the tag files to show these changes during install . I would like to make more changes though to make it more personalized.
Not sure what more I need to do or where on the disk to change it so all comments, flames or actual help is welcome

Also in slack how do I make an iso out of a cd? I have the tools and knowledge to do this in windows but I feel like a hypocrite making a Linux distro in windows.....

Flame on

RetardDan