On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Spencer Butler wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 09:12:34AM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> >Don't we have a Treasurer?  Do we have a savings account somewhere?  Are
> >we actually an NPO?
> NPO?  I believe this concept has been explored on numerous occasions.
> The outcome always seems to be against it.  IIRC Jaque is or at least
> was the treasurer.  As far as a savings account, I have no idea.

Specer is correct. We explored the idea of becoming a NPO, but really
did not make much sense for our situation. Jacques was assigned the
official treasurer, but since we had no income the role kind of just
faded away. Also with no income, there was no need for a savings
account. It's up to Jacque on if she would like to revive the role.

Just because we decided against becoming a NPO in the past doesn't
mean we can't investigate it again. If someone is willing to put the
time and effort in, and you get the buy-in of the group, I'm all for
it. But the LUG as a whole needs to decide, not just one person.

-- Clay