On Thursday, Aug 14, 2003, at 09:17 US/Central, Clay Fandre wrote:

> So why is everyone getting his with the Blaster? Doesn't anyone patch
> anymore? As soon as the DCOM exploit came out, it was obvious (to me)
> that a worm would soon follow. Was I the only one who realized that?
> Should I have shared that info with the rest of the world? I guess you
> can blame me then. Sorry everyone.

Nope, the only ones I've had to fix are home users, or customers who
have laptops they use at home, and refuse to protect themselves.

two simple steps to prevent these attacks:
1. turn on doze's lil weak ass firewall
2. apply patches

if infected, go to http://sophos.com and snag the removal tool, RTFM
it, run it. Then apply the simple rules above.

Its _really_ not that big of a deal.