On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Eric Lofstad wrote:

| there is now a GPL PDF print driver for windows
| http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Yes, I've checked that out and used it. I think the Samba setup has more
some clear advantages:

No software to install on client machines. All that is installed on the
client machines is a printer.

PDF Creator is "new." Samba and GhostScript have been around for ages and
development and support of these products isn't going to stop anytime in
the near future.

Of course, the advantage of PDF creator is that you don't need a UNIX
server.

But from my point of view (managing 100 or so workstations) adding a
printer is easier and faster than installing a new software package on
every machine.

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
 A password is like your underwear; Change it
 frequently, don't share it with others, and
     don't ask to borrow someone else's.