While trying to find a resoultion to an acrobat Distiller problem on a
Windows client machine, I ran across this article:

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue72/bright.html

Step by step, how to setup a PDF Service with Samba. I tried it out, and
it works great for Windows clients! If you're looking at getting full
copies of Acrobat just for creating PDF files, this could save you alot of
money.

Now that I have it up and running though, I'm trying to figure out how to
extend it's usefulness to the various Mac machines on our network. (Mostly
OS9 and OSX). Currently, I don't know much about Macs. I know OSX does
CUPS. I'm guessing that OS9 would need AppleTalk?

The other issue is, I'm using CUPS on my Linux machine. It looks like some
CUPS users were trying to get a PDF backend working at one time, but that
was in 2001. Google hasn't picked up much since.

So my questions:
Is anyone more familiar with doing "advanced" printing functions like this
with Linux, Macs, and CUPS? The big hurdle here is CUPS I guess. For all
the functionality of CUPS, sometimes you just can't beat out LPR for the
"ohhh, look at this crazy lpr hack!"

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
 A password is like your underwear; Change it
 frequently, don't share it with others, and
     don't ask to borrow someone else's.