On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 03:42:28PM -0500, Rick Meyerhoff wrote:
> We have had people come to install fests trying to get old machines to
> be useful. What resources did you find helpful? Is there a web site or
> two that is dedicated to this subject?

The 4MB Laptop HOWTO (http://tldp.org/HOWTO/4mb-Laptops.html) gave
me the basic ideas I needed to do this.  Even so I really wouldn't
recommend it.  I doubt there's enough time at an installfest to
complete an install like this anyhow.

I think this problem is self-selecting anyhow--anyone who could put
a machine like that to use would have the know-how to install Linux
on it, and conversely.  Why waste time on the install for someone who
can't do without a GUI?

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota