On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 22:23:03 -0500
K B <kcbnac at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> I've got a need for a program (windows or Linux based, but I need IE
> to run...maybe use WINE?) that can take an image from a web page, and
> automatically tell me how many squares are in it.  (Black background,
> white squares) then go back and click on a specific link within the
> original web page.  Anybody know of any programs that have this
> capability, or could be, with a little tweaking?  Thanks!

Can't say I've heard of a program such as this.  Out of curiosity, what would you use something like it for?

As to IE, I'm not certain how well it runs under WINE, never looked into.  But Codeweaver has an office plugin that allows it to run (not entirely functional*) along with MS Office and such.  Or, you can go all out and buy VMWare.

*I tried Codeweaver's plugin for use with apps that ran inside of IE, and it failed miserably.  Base browser good, apps running thru web interface bad.  I reported it to them when I tried it when it first came out, haven't gone back.

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"