I have Debian 3.0r1 on one of my machines here, and I'm having trouble
getting the Internet setup working.

First my ethernet card wasn't being recognized, but I could do a
modprobe sis900
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.99 netmask 255.255.255.0

and after those commands I can ping my router (192.168.0.1) (Actiontec
with Quest DSL) and have it work. So, eth0 is up and the network is
live, but typing any internet URL in a browser gives me a 'site not
found' error. (I can also get to the Router setup screen from a browser.)

Can anyone help me with what I need to do now to get to the Internet?

Thanks in advance.

--
Cheers,

Charlie Obert

"We've discovered librarians are very networked
and seem to know about everything before it happens."

Pardon my Freedom