> I've setup a jabber server for our internal users here.  I had some
> trouble initially, but ended up using the rpm's to install on RH 7.2,
> then
> it worked great with one excpetion, the AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo
> gateways.
> In particular the MSN one since some of our users want to hop on MSN as
> well.

The transports are tricky.

AOL, MSN and others can identify servers that are using the transports
(high usage from one IP i think) and they can block it and/or change
the protocol so that the transport no longer works.

So, as long as there are not too many users using it, you can prob get
away with it for a while.

Jabber Inc (jabber.com) has a relationship with MSN and they have a
commercial transport that works well.

We at BusinessIM have decided to not support any of the transports
(other than MSN) due to the changes/blocking that happen

duncan