On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Scot Jenkins wrote:
> Bob Tanner stepped up early on and offered to host the mailing list and
> the website on his servers.  I believe Bob (or someone else at Real
> Time) registered the domain mn-linux.org.  I believe the intent was to
> link other Minnesota Linux user's groups under that domain, since when
> TCLUG originated there were already other groups in Minnesota.  Bob -
> correct me if I'm wrong.  We should all thank Bob and the folks at
> Real Time for keeping the mailing list and website up and running all
> these years.  Thanks Bob!

 Yep, this is what I told Rick when he emailed me off-list.  I can't say
for certain, but that's the story I've heard.
 Thanks Bob, Nate, and Carl!  (And anyone else besides B-N-C who've done
behind-the-scenes work.)

> AFAIK, Jima is the one who registered tclug.org and just pointed it to
> mn-linux.org to keep things simple for new folks.  Jima - also pipe in
> if I'm offbase.

 Nope, you're dead-on.  Also so I could have this nifty hostname.
(Kidding -- that came later.)

> Personally I'm all for the idea of tclug merchandise.  I could use some
> new T-shirts :)  I'd recommend using the http://www.tclug.org/ URL since
> the groups name is TCLUG and it's user-friendly.

 I like the idea, as well.  I'd use tclug.org, but then, I'm probably
pushing some evil agenda. ;)

     Jima