> Mark Courtney writes:
>> Simple solution, the poster isn't identifiable, and nobody has to call
>> their lawyer.  I am, however, against removing posts from the archives.

> That would be as legal as placing a bunch of copyrighted MP3s on your
> website and naming them "anonymous".  If I remove your name from a
> copyrighted work, it must not belong to you anymore, right?
>
> --
> David Phillips <david at acz.org>
> http://david.acz.org/

OK.  Maybe that isn't such a good idea.

Can I remove that post from the archives?

8-)

The ironic part of that is, the post isn't identifiable.  If you hear a Bob
Dylan song, you know it's Bob Dylan.  If you hear a Greazy Meal song, you
know it's Greazy Meal.  Aside from the e-mail address and name of the poster,
there's no easy way to find out who is responsible for the post.

If the identifying info was removed from the post, that would protect the
poster's privacy and still keep the archives in tact.

This perhaps isn't the "legal" solution, but it would protect everyones best
interests.

Mark Courtney