> Oh, yes I can. I can quote your whole e-mail in a reply to a
> mailing list.

You're right.  You can.  Just like I can make and distribute copies of
Windows.  But that doesn't make it legal.

Think about it this way: The creator of a work holds the copyright.  What
rights you have to use that work are determined by copyright law.  You need
to think about why you have a right to do something, not why it could be
illegal.

The real question is this: What gives me the right to publish someone else's
copyrighted work?

That question can likely only be answered adequately by your attorney and
ultimately by the courts.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/