I think you should avoid this question in future
by putting a statement on:

that ties subscription to the list with a consent to
publish all list email in an archive. And then make
everyone resubscribe (to be able to post,
anyway).

That said, people who want total control over
what they write in email should not subscribe to
email lists. I would not remove anything from the
archive unless you are forced to do so.

Maybe you can find a "paraphraser" program that
will put what was said in your own words, and run
the archive through that. I think that you might own
the copyright to that work...

>>> tanner at real-time.com 04/29/03 11:05PM >>>
I have a Request for Comment (RFC).

I received a request from someone to remove several posts from the
tclug-list
archives.

Some time has pasted and this person has realized how comments made years
ago
can come back to haunt you when posted to a public forum. They said all
the
right things about being stupid, child-like, etc.

Now, my RFC. Should posts be expunged from the archives?  I don't mean to
punish
this person, but at the same time those posts are part of tclug's history
and
the Internet's history in general.

Just because it was bad/wrong/improper doesn't mean it's not part of our
history. Right?

Please direct comments to the list.

And pollmaster, this would be a good poll. :-)

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500