Note that you can just give lilo the init=/bin/sh option to get in with no
password.

At the prompt, type:
linux init=/bin/sh

You might see some error messages, this is fine.  Once you have booted,
you'll likely need to remount your root partition as read/write as it will
be mounted as read only.  Just do something like:
mount /dev/hda2 / -o remount,rw

change your password using passwd, type "sync" a couple of times and type
reboot.  You should be good to go.

Jay