On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Adam Maloney wrote:

> > with new definitions pretty often. We are only doing nightly scans via
> > cron using a custom wrapper script that automatically updates the dat
>
> The one from the manual?  :)
>
> I thought it was pretty cool that they included a shell script in the
> printed manual, to fetch dat updates.

It started out the one from the manual, but that one is complete junk.
I re-wrote it to work correctly. It also FTPs the dats and apps from a
local corporate ftp server that I manage.

The biggest problem with the default on is the use of the -newer flag,
which doesn't find files copied via Windows/SAMBA since Windows
doesn't update mtime on copied files.