On 23 Apr 2003, Chris Frederick wrote:
> Specifically, I'm looking for something that can scan files posted
> through ftp or an HTTP_POST, an extra bonus would be to control it
> through php, but if it just runs as a daemon I could live with that.
> I'm not worried about the server getting infected at all, I just don't
> want to unknowingly pass anything on to others.

Sure.

For a free, good AV program, get ClamAV. It's got a daemon that runs in
the background, which you can submit your files to, and it'll scan 'em and
give you a return code. That way, you're not having to launch a large
executable for every file you scan.

For commercial solutions, you can use the Sophos libraries with Sophie for
largely the same results. Otherwise, you can use the binary versions from
Sophos, McAfee, Trend, and a few other vendors.