On Tuesday 22 April 2003 09:08 am, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, David Phillips wrote:
> > The IP address is static, assuming you never the change MAC address of
> > the ethernet interface connected to the modem.
>
> I believe their lease is actually 60 days; I know it's never changed on
> me while the box is running, but there have been times where I've
> rebooted after about a year of uptime for a new kernel, and received a
> new IP address from them (same MAC address on the NIC, of course). If I
> reboot right after that, I keep the new IP.

I have had it change on me while the machine was up.  There was a power
blip.  My servers/firewall are on UPS's so they weren't affected, but the
modem did a blip and the ip address bounced down 10.  Other than that, I
have had it change only if I change network cards or if the power is out
for more than 3 days (went on vacation once, before UPS was on firewall,
power went out, box didn't reboot).  I don't believe that Nate's 60 days
is correct.  I checked it once and I believe it is only 2-4 days (although
that was about a year ago...).
--
Thanks,

James Spinti