I recently bought namingschemes.com, and I am plannign on putting server
naming schemes on there after I graduate (since the job hunt isn't).

Anyway, I have a small list of common naming schemes at my personal
website (if you go to http://namingschemes.com, it will redirect), that is
worth checking out.  Also, read the RFC for network naming schemes
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1178.html.

Dan