On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, David Phillips wrote:
> The IP address is static, assuming you never the change MAC address of
> the ethernet interface connected to the modem.

I believe their lease is actually 60 days; I know it's never changed on me
while the box is running, but there have been times where I've rebooted
after about a year of uptime for a new kernel, and received a new IP
address from them (same MAC address on the NIC, of course). If I reboot
right after that, I keep the new IP.

> I run a mail server and web server, but only for testing / development
> purposes.  They haven't complained yet.  If you are worried about it,
> pay the extra for their commercial service.  We have one at work with
> a 1mbit upstream.  That's two-thirds the speed of a T1.

One of my clients had RR's 768/768k business connection, and actually got
about 2mbit down and 1mbit up. Pretty sweet for $129/mo, including a /28.