On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 at 12:54PM -0500, Smith, Craig A (MN14) wrote:
> I've heard of using the elements from the periodic table (bonus: use each
> element's atomic number for the ip address).

Ack, no! The math department at the U used to (still has?) have computers
named after elements. Ever try to ssh to praseodymium? Now they have a lab
with computers named after (I think) ancient Persian kings and queens;
"purandokht" comes to mind. Argh! :)

Fortunately many machines there are named after the room they're in, like
vinh505...

Dan

--
|                   DA1A E0F0 7E07 27C3 7539  F2F4 5AF1 2C82 A17E D584 |
|                                     Dan Drake <drake at lemongecko.org> |