> waynej at dccmn.com writes:
>> Sendmail (yea, I know, it's buggy, but it's the only MTA Redhat ships,
>
> Which is why I will never use or support Red Hat.  They continue to ship
> software they know to be insecure when there are reasonable
> alternatives. Everyone complains about Microsoft shipping insecure code,
> yet Red Hat does the same exact thing.  The ``they don't write it, they
> just distribute it'' argument doesn't change the end result.
>
> Then again, I suppose if they shipped secure code, no one would need to
> pay them for updates and support.

Yeah. Since there's no way to use anything with Redhat except what ships
with it they sure have a lot of nerve including something like sendmail
with it.

After you use their bandwidth to download the iso they've created and made
available on their server to you at no cost to you, you have every right
to present your arguments directly to the president of the company.
Especially considering you've obviously done more testing, research,
proving, etc. than they have and you know for a fact that sendmail simply
can't stand a chance against something cute like qmail or whatever. At
least "thats what xxxxx says."

If you'd take a minute to think for yourself, outside the 'piss and moan
box' , just past the .deb/.rpm cage, you might just realize that the
beauty of Linux/open source is the capability to do/change anything your
heart desires no matter how stupid it might be.

If not, contact me regarding some prime real estate I'm letting go for a
song up in Lake Wobegon. Oil rights included.

-mj