On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 02:37:38PM -0500, Dan Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 at 01:07PM -0500, Thomas Eibner wrote:
> > ATT (Now comcast) does NOT allow servers,
>
> I'm on ATT, and I notice that they ping my webserver every couple days, and
> once or twice they've tested my mail server for an open relay (in my mail
> logs I see an attempt to relay to an address like "relaytest at rr.com"). In
> each case the source is security.rr.com.
>
> Solution?
>
> $ iptables -A INPUT -s security.rr.com -j DROP
>
> I think if you keep your head down they don't mind. But with several
> websites and mailing lists...

rr.com == roadrunner == time warner and not ATT/Comcast (1.
Could there be any other reason they're looking at your ip? Close
ip-range?

1) I have my signup material from ATT from 2 years ago where the
manual said ATT RoadRunner (they even refuse they ever had anything
to do with that today)

--
  Thomas Eibner, Software Engineer Reuters Information Technology Inc.
  St Paul, MN. Phone: 651-846-2137