SurfThing
www.surfthing.com

They put in ad-supported terminals and connect them with Wifi. They leave
the wifi open and invite its use. In most of the spots, the access point
is right by the terminals, so the closer you sit to them, the better
signal you'll get.

My business partner and I have lunch once a week at the Pickeled Parrot in
Eden Prairie and use their service to get a lot of work done in person.

> Thanks for the info.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something at http://www.tcwug.org. I didn't really see
> much as far as a list of public places other than this map,
> http://maps.tcwug.org/ which seems to be peoples homes.
>
> Heres a short (unconfirmed) list:
>
> any Old Chicago Restaurant.
> most Dunn Brothers coffee shops
> Java Jack's in SW Minneapolis (46th st)
> OpenBook (Washington Ave, Mpls)
> Bob's Java Hut, on Lyndale in the Uptown area.
> MSP Airport (Lindberg) for $7.95
>
> - Tom

J Wynia
Pragmatic solutions to your web problems.
www.pragmapool.com