natecars at real-time.com wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, waynej at dccmn.com wrote:
>
>>One of the issues I had was my old ISP insisted that I run my cisco in
>>router mode and my Freeswan doesn't like that so I had to switch ISPs to
>>get bridge support.  In router mode, your outside IP address <> your
>>eth0 IP address cause it's doing NAT.  Freeswan sees this is a
>>man-in-middle attack.
>

> Just buy a routed subnet; then you'll have real public IP's without having
> to do bridging.

For what it's worth, I have FreeS/WAN running perfectly through TWO
NAT'd routers, one wireless and one Cisco 678, connecting to our office
firewall also running FreeS/WAN. I have DSL through Real Time, BTW, and
their service and uptimes are exemplary :-)

FreeS/WAN is running on my laptop with a Linksys WLAN PC card. No
special config was required in either of my routers. I just had to make
sure that the IP address of my laptop matched what our office firewall
was expecting.

--
Dave Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA