This has been a fairly decent site.

http://www.boingo.com

They also have a wi-fi sniffer app you can download.  It seems to work with
most wireless cards, unlike Net Stumbler (http://www.netstumbler.com/)
...however, Net Stumbler is a pretty cool application.  It is geared toward
their wi-fi zones, but works to find others.  I drove up and down France
Avenue with it and found 10-20 access points. Some with security, some
without.  It sure is interesting how some folks name their APs.  Probably a
smart idea not to use your name! :)

Tony

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find a list of places that offer wireless
internet access to patrons. I just got an 802.11b network set up at my
house. very cool. I do a lot of lunch meetings around town and internet
access would be very helpful.

I see Old Chicago Restaurants have wireless internet access free for
customers. Does anyone know of other places that do this?

I read a while ago that Starbucks and McDonald's where talking about
putting in wireless internet for customers. Any in Minneapolis?

Tom