Make sure the user you are connecting to the
XP machine as has network file server
permissions (as opposed to local file
permissions) in that directory to read and
write.

Make sure none of your active logins are in
a directory under the smb mount point. Use
'lsof' to see if any process is using a file
under that mount point.

Does the XP machine authenticate to the
Samba machine?

>>> dcoats at heritagemail.org 04/15/03 08:49AM >>>
Now It seems to mount correctly without crashing my file server but it is
unusable.  If I try to save anything into it it tells me that the
directory
is full.  If I try to ls the directory it tells me that permission is
denied.  When I view the active partitions it shows up there with the
correct hard drive space so I know it is actually finding the client
machine.

I can not unmount it smbumount. It tells me that permission is denied for
that too.