It looks like most people have 2 XF86Config files, like XF86Config.laptop
and XF86Config.docked.  They then run a script upon startup to make a
symbolic link for XF86Config to the correct file.  However, this doesn't do
you much good if it's already running and then you dock it.

I know you can add multiple monitors and input devices in the config file, I
wonder if you could set it up as a dual head display that mirrors the info
on both the LCD and the monitor, so that when you dock it, it just works.
You would probably still have to change the resolution manually with
ctrl-alt-[+ or -] if you ran different resolutions on each display.

I just have to figure out how to add 2 pointing devices to have it work
properly.  I know it can be done, but I'm not sure how.

Jay