> so in other words, "if only linux had decent apps like windows"

I'm not at all implying that I think windows apps are decent.  I just need
to be able to use apps that will interoperate with what everyone else at my
company uses since they will not all be switching to linux.

I'm perfectly happy with evolution or any other PIM client, but
unfortunately, none of them integrate with Exchange.  As for Visio, I can do
without it.  Kivio works nicely enough, but doesn't appear to read or write
.vsd files.

The entire reason for me switching my laptop to linux is *because* there are
more decent apps for linux than there are for windows.  As far as network
utilities go, linux easily has more apps, and more better apps.  Some of
them have been ported, but other things are just not possible with windows,
like packet mangling.  I've been using various unices since 1990, and I
absolutely despise the way windows is organized and the stability of most of
the apps for it.  So between sticking with windows or moving to linux and
making outlook and visio work under it, I think I will choose the lesser of
the two evils.

If I could get my company to buy me a shiny new Powerbook, I'd probably use
that instead.  But alas, I need something that will run on x86 hardware, so
linux it is.

Jay