Adding "uid=500,gid=500" (replacing 500 with
your desired user and group ids) in the '-o'
mount optins _should_ (I think) get around
permissions problems, but you should be able
to do things (like write to the fs) as root now
anyway. Hmm...

Does your mount command look like this:

mount -t smbfs -o
rw,username=xpuser,password=xppassword,workgroup=xpworkgroup
//xpmachine/sharename /mnt/xpmountpoint

(all on one line)?

>>> dcoats at heritagemail.org 04/15/03 12:47PM >>>
I do believe you have to be root to get around the permissions problem or
at
least it is the only way I have gotten it half way work.
I still cannot write to the shared directory.
I have been informed that this is probably because root is not a Samba
user.
I do not believe I want root to be a Samba user for the security
headaches
it could cause.