On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 16:34, Clay Fandre wrote:
> Doesn't mplayer support rm?

Yes, but you must have RealPlayer (or just the dlls) installed.

> I use the command line. "Save Link URL" in my browser, then in my
> xterm windows:
> $ mplayer <middle-mouse-click>
>
> It will buffer for a few seconds and play the stream. Hopefully it can
> download it faster than it plays.
>
> In the Galeon preferences under the Mime-types section there is an
> option called "Process URL" which will load the helper application
> with thethe URL instead of the temp file it saves. I'm assuming
> Mozilla is the same.

You can also use mplayerplug-in for Mozilla.  I -highly- recommend it.
It works just like the Real/Windows Media/Quicktime plugins, and plays
just about any embedded movie you can think of.  Be sure to install the
"mini" Skin so you get a progress bar similar to other such players.
The only problem is that some websites use JavaScript to detect the
realplayer plugin, and so mplayerplug-in doesn't get detected.  The only
way I've found around this is to dig through the source code and find
the .ram URL to use.  Good luck.

--
Ryan Hayle <hackel at walkingfish.com>