Simeon Johnston writes:
> There are also ways to edit your windows registry if you REALLY want
> your "My Documents" or windows equivelant of 'Home' to reside in a
> different place.
> There are also even easier ways to do this in Linux (Your user's home
> directory can reside pretty much anywhere).

You can have /home anywhere in UNIX by making it a symlink.  You can do the
same thing on Windows using junctions.  Junctions are very similar to
symlinks.  They are a feature of NTFS.  The thing to be careful about with
junctions is that to explorer or any other program, they look like a normal
folder.  So if you delete a junction folder, explorer will recursively
delete everything in the real folder, instead of deleting the junction as
you might expect.

Create junctions using this tool:

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/misc.shtml#junction

--