There was some dicussion about Internet keyboards a while back.  Below is a
quoted message from Eric Estabrooks that could probably be useful to you.

<quoted message by Eric Estabrooks>

____________________________________

use xev to find out the keycode/keysym the key generates.  then map it
to a function in your window managers key binds.  or use your .Xdefaults
to set it up for a particular program (like mozilla) (check man xrdb).
you can also you xmodmap to change the keysym it generates or set one if
it doesn't generate a keysym. sometimes you need to do this in order to
get the window managers and x resources to understand it.

free keysyms on most keyboards are F13-F35 (except sun's they use them
all but map them as R and L function keys)

use xmodmap -pke to see current keymap

example

xev output:

KeyPress event, serial 24, synthetic NO, window 0x1600001,
     root 0x7a, subw 0x0, time 186438259, (135,90), root:(431,418),
     state 0x0, keycode 116 (keysym 0xffec, Super_R), same_screen YES,
     XLookupString gives 0 characters:  ""

this keypress is from my right "window" key currently mapped to Super_R
keysym.  it generates a keycode of 116 so to map it

xmodmap -e 'keycode 116 = F22'

KeyPress event, serial 24, synthetic NO, window 0x1600001,
     root 0x7a, subw 0x0, time 186500446, (139,94), root:(450,437),
     state 0x0, keycode 116 (keysym 0xffd3, F22), same_screen YES,
     XLookupString gives 0 characters:  ""

now it's mapped to F22

you can make a .Xmodmap file that'll be read in when you start x so you
don't have to run the xmodmap command each time (though depending on
your window manager/distro you might have to add a line to your .xinitrc
to accomplish this)

once its mapped you can bind it to an event in your window manager (such
as open a specific url in mozilla)

using .Xdefaults to set things is program dependent like this netscape
snippet and you'll need to google or find program documentation to do
this stuff.

Netscape*drawingArea.translations:      #replace        \
         <Btn1Down>:                     ArmLink()       \n\
         <Btn2Down>:                     ArmLink()       \n\
         ~Shift<Btn1Up>:                 ActivateLink()  \n\
         ~Shift<Btn2Up>:                 ActivateLink(new-window)  \
                                         DisarmLink()    \n\
         Shift<Btn1Up>:                  ActivateLink(save-only)  \
                                         DisarmLink()    \n\
         Shift<Btn2Up>:                  ActivateLink(save-only)  \
                                         DisarmLink()    \n\
         <Btn1Motion>:                   DisarmLinkIfMoved()  \n\
         <Btn2Motion>:                   DisarmLinkIfMoved()  \n\
         <Btn3Motion>:                   DisarmLinkIfMoved()  \n\
         <Motion>:                       DescribeLink()  \n\
         <Btn3Down>:                     xfeDoPopup()    \n\
         <Btn3Up>:                       ActivatePopup() \n\
         Ctrl<Btn4Down>: PageUp()\n\
         Ctrl<Btn5Down>: PageDown()\n\
         Shift<Btn4Down>: LineUp()\n\
         Shift<Btn5Down>: LineDown()\n\
          None<Btn4Down>:
LineUp()LineUp()LineUp()LineUp()LineUp()LineUp()\n\
          None<Btn5Down>:
LineDown()LineDown()LineDown()LineDown()LineDown()LineDown()\n\
         Alt<Btn4Down>: xfeDoCommand(forward)\n\
         <KeyPress>F11: xfeDoCommand(back)\n\
         Alt<Btn5Down>: xfeDoCommand(back)\n\

____________________________________