Have you tried WebCDwriter?  It usesa web browser to connect to the Linux
box.
Chuck L
----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn" <sfertch at real-time.com>
To: "TCLUG" <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 5:10 PM
Subject: [TCLUG] CD-Burning Question

>   I'm in the process of getting my CD-RW setup on my intranet server.
What my intention to do is to have it usuable by anyone on the local
network.  However, those who would be using it don't know command line.  Nor
do they really desire to.  I could teach them, but I'm looking for a
different way that won't require an X-server to be installed to use the gui.
>   Here's my thoughts and what I'm trying to accomplish:
>
>   Windows desktop systems are connected to the Linux server via Samba to
various shares.  One share would be called "CDimage" where they can drag and
drop files to make the CD.  Once the files are in place, click on an
executable that would launch the cd creation process on the server.  Wait a
few minutes and it's done, or better yet send a message saying something
along the lines that it's complete.

>   Is this possible?  If so, what would be the way to accomplish this?  I
have putty and pscp on each system, but don't know if that is the right way
to accomplish it.  Any ideas on how it can be done in this fashion?