Hey everyone,

I was looking at installing two instances of the folding at Home client on my
new dual-proc server. (See http://folding.stanford.edu/ for more info about
the folding at Home distributed computing project.)

Here's the relevant part of the f at H FAQ:

--snip--
Does Folding at home run on dual processor machines?

Yes, you can. Additional processors must run the console version (with the
"-local" command-line argument if run on Windows). First, make additional
directories for each processor and copy the FAH3Console executable file
into each. Then configure them with the -config switch, filling in settings
for each. It is very important to make sure that under the "Advanced
Settings" option each copy is given a unique machine ID (from 1 to 4). The
first copy will default to a machine ID of 1, so additional copies should
be given IDs of 2, 3 and 4. Each may then be run out of their installed
directory, using the -local switch on windows. Instances should be attached
to different processors, using whatever mechanism your OS provides for this
purpose (e.g. Task Manager on Windows).
--snip--

It appears the 2.4 kernels have no built-in system for assigning particular
processes to certain processors. Is it possible, then, to do what the above
FAQ recommends on Linux?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson