> Basically, you want to make sure that connections to port 1863 are *not*
> being routed out to the proxy server, and just masquerade it at your
> firewall. If you don't have a masquerading firewall,

I am using redhat 7.1 OS. with Ipchains 1.3.10. ( no masquerading),  As I
mentioned all users are using the proxy box for a gateway, and using port
8080 for http traffic (dans). I had added port 1863 in IPchains before
posting (-A ipput -s 0/0 -d 0/0 1863 -p tcp -y -j ACCEPT).  In this case
would the user need to set up proxy portion of msn, or should it just go
through?

Raymond