Hi,

I've not had to mess with XP at all yet, (whew) but I had my share of joy
with the little 'quirks' win2k threw at samba. No doubt, XP has
more/different ones yet. I think MS calls it "security".  Silly name for
over-engineering, IMHO. Anyhow, if you're not there already, make sure
you've got the latest Samba.
You might also check their site for up to date info. IIRC, they offer
samba in RPM format as well.

Best of luck,

-mj

And hence AUTHOR spewed: Pastor Doug Coats