On Wednesday 16 April 2003 5:38 pm, Amy Tanner wrote:
> We have an oracle database which I'd like to move to an open-source
> database.  Based on talking with the DBA, we have less than 100 Oracle
> pl/sql packages.  Which database would be easiest to migrate to?  Are
> there migration utilities to make this easier?
>
> Anyone else tackled this?

I don't have any direct experience with this (Never worked in an Oracle
environment) but you might want to check into the work of the OpenACS project
(http://www.openacs.org) Phil Greenspun's original ACS was based on Oracle,
the OpenACS group moved it to PostgreSQL. I believe that there is a PL/SQL
work-alike mode for Postgres or you can convert to TCL/Perl/Python if you
want. (Requires rebuilding Postgres with proper languages linked in.)

Hope this helps.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com