The network guy I was working with told me that you can run CATV over a CAT5
pair with a balun.  I wonder if it would also work with the satellite
signal?

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Joel Schneider
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 1:29 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] wireless network question

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 10:32:59PM -0500, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
> Maybe I'm not doing the right thing --- I'm just trying to avoid
> pulling wire through two stories of lath and plaster.

Pulling wire is fun.  It might make more sense for you to run conduit on
the outside of the house instead of going through the walls, though.

As long as you're pulling Cat5, why not also pull some satellite grade
coax:

http://www.milestek.com/multimedia_cable.asp

--
Joel Schneider              Jazz - jazz88fm.com
joel at joelschneider.net      ISEE - www.i-see.org