At 09:21 AM 9/20/2002 -0500, James Kaufman wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 08:02:12AM -0500, Eric Stanley wrote:
> > I'm wondering whether any of you have any recommendations for domain
> > registration companies and DNS server companies.  I'm looking
> > specifically for those where I can modify my own records.  I've looked
> > briefly on my own, but no one company stands out.  Thanks for the
> > input.
> >
> > Eric
>
>I like godaddy.com for domain registration and zoneedit.com for dns.
>Low prices and good service.

Stay away from namebargain.com, which is the inexpensive
component of register.com.  Their customer service is horrid.
It took over a week for a response on a simple host record
change request.  Completely unacceptable.

I'm moving all domains over to gkg.net.  Thus far response
has been superb and the price is only marginally higher than
namebargain.  Web based management with username
and password is standard with all their services.

--
Christopher Schulte
christopher at schulte.org
http://www.schulte.org/

na na nah
nah na na nah
         -Trent Reznor, Nine Inch Nails, Halo 13, the day the world went away