On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 11:46:19AM -0500, Luke Steiner wrote:
>   Link: File-List
>
>   To anyone who can help,
>
>               I have a Compaq 17xl365 laptop.  I just put Red Hat linux on
>   it and I can't get the network card to work.  It is a Compaq NIC so I
>   don't believe it is supported.  But I do have a PCMCIA linksys PCM100h1.
>   I tried installing the card but the only thing linksys gives you is the
>   PCMCIA software to make the linux OS recognize the PCMCIA card.  It
>   recognizes but when you go into ` ifconfig' it doesn't show that card at
>   all.  Anyone know how to do it?
>
>   Luke
This is where I would start.
cardctl ident <---see if it knows your card is physically there
ifconfig -a <--- look at all devices ifconfig knows about
lsmod <--this will tell you what modules are loaded however, it may be
loaded "proper" into the kernel (not installed as a module but _in_ the
kernel)
also make sure pcmcia is running on your box
/etc/init.d/pcmcia status <----- should tell you
another thing you can do is take the output of `cardctl ident` and
search /etc/pcmcia/pcmcia.conf for that particular card.

That is about all I can think of ATM.
good luck to you
make sure and ask more questions {
http://linuxdoc.org
man pcmcia
http://google.com/linux
irc.openprojects.net #tclug & #linuxhelp & #redhat
the mailing list
}

--
                	--*--SpencerUnderground--*--
http://autonomous.tv/			       spencer at autonomous.tv
Key fingerprint = 173B 8760 E59F DBF8 6FD2  68F8 ABA2 AB08 49C7 4754