Phone: 612-547-7573
Fax:    612-547-7580
Mail Stop: T23
MailTo:john.miller at rbcdain.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Luke Steiner [mailto:nightcanton at attbi.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 11:46 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Laptop.

To anyone who can help,

            I have a Compaq 17xl365 laptop.  I just put Red Hat linux on it and I can't get the network card to work.  It is a Compaq NIC so I don't believe it is supported.  But I do have a PCMCIA linksys PCM100h1.  I tried installing the card but the only thing linksys gives you is the PCMCIA software to make the linux OS recognize the PCMCIA card.  It recognizes but when you go into ' ifconfig' it doesn't show that card at all.  Anyone know how to do it?

Take it Easy,

Luke