Munir Nassar <nassarmu at redconcepts.net> writes:

> On 17 Sep 2002, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
> > > And is this victim still connected to the 'Net? If so, why?
> >
> > Sure is.  Can't fix it without finding what's wrong.
>
> i think what ben means is that this box should be bagged, tagged and sent
> to the morgue
>
> if you suspect an intrusion, you pull the plug

I think there's less chance of a controlled intrusion (something that
can be used as a base for bothering others) on that box than there is,
say, on any of the windows boxes sitting on the same network.  For one
thing, I've spent a *lot* more time examining it closely, including
looking at inbound and outbound traffic; which hasn't happened with
the windows boxes.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net