I changed security to user, as well as attempting to encrypt password
and still no luck.  If I go to the top level, I get an IPC$ share
password prompt.  If I go directly to the share, I get the share then
password prompt.  Same as what I was experiencing previously.  I tried
both name and IP with the same results.

The systems I've set up at work were HP-UX and Solaris systems, again on
an NT domain.  One thing I seem to recall is that both smbd and nmbd
need to be run with the -D option on them.  I try to do that on my Slack
system and it won't let me run smbd.  nmbd seems to be okay on running.
I've looked at the syslog, messages, and dmesg with no log entries of
what could be failing. Not seeing any logs for samba yet either.

Thanks for the help, but doesn't seem to work.

Shawn