On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 10:40:31PM -0500, Munir Nassar wrote:
>On 17 Sep 2002, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
>> > And is this victim still connected to the 'Net? If so, why?
>i think what ben means is that this box should be bagged, tagged and sent
>to the morgue

No that's not what I mean. It should be removed from an internet connected
network and placed on a private network with no access to the outside
world.

>if you suspect an intrusion, you pull the plug

where plug == network cable not power cable.

--
Ben Lutgens				 | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator	 | http://www.sistina.com/

"If you love something set it free, if it doesn't come back to you
hunt it down and set it on fire" -- George Carlin