On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Wayne Johnson wrote:

> I've had a lighting strike take out the wire as well...

Lightning is weird.  REALLY wierd.

Twice since I've worked here our building at work has been struck by
lightning.  Both times our data network has sustained damage, but in
really odd patterns.  In our last incident, it fried all the cards in our
phone switch, except for one.  In the previous one, it fried all our
ethernet switches, but not all computers.  Some wouldn't power up at all,
some worked fine.  One had occasional issues, and one just released smoke
every once in awhile.  WEIRD STUFF.

So yeah, if it's possible that lightning or a really big surge knocked you
out, it's worth looking into.

-Brian