On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 03:12:13PM -0500, Chris Frederick wrote:
> Is there anything on Linux to address USB 2.0 hardware?  (sf project,
> kernel updates, driver modules, etc...)  More specifically USB 2.0
> PCMCIA cards.  I'm looking at getting a docking station for the laptop,
> my laptop is barely supported so I'm guessing the docking station is not
> supported, that and docking station=$$$$. So since what I *really* need
> is storage, a USB 2.0 drive would be much cheaper, just not so sure on
> support for it.
>
> Any help would be cool, (pointing me to the right mailing list would be
> perfect)

I don't know of the quality of the support, but USB 2.0 entered the
kernel at about 2.4.19.  From the kernel help, it seems that the best
support is for the NEC controllers.

As far as I can tell, you just have to enable EHCI, but I don't have any
USB 2.0 peripherals to test with.
--
Brian Hicks <http://eight.dhs.org> <hick0142 at umn.edu> <PGP:0xADDD1F16>
   'At Zango Transportation Concepts, our motto is "Caveat Emptor"